- Black Folder with two pockets
- Pencil with an eraser
- Music (to be distributed by the teacher)
- Be in your seat with music ready to work when the bell rings.
- Bring all materials to each class
- NO EATING, DRINKING, OR CHEWING.
- No studying or work for some other class.
- Respect others and property
- PARTICIPATION- Everyday, your effort put forth in class will be graded.It is important you give at least 100% every class!
- WRITING CRITIQUES- Once a week, we will listen or watch a music clip/performance.You will write about it in your notebook.We will be going over the specific things in which you will write about.
- THEORY- You will be assessed on your theory knowledge (Reading, Notating and Analyzing Music) and placed into a theory level (Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Black, Gold)
Each Monday (or beginning of the week) you will be given a theory assignment based on your current level. Those assignments must be completed and turned in by the end of class on Friday (or end of the week
- SIGHT-SINGING/ACCOUNTABILITY- At least twice a marking period, you will be tested on either sight-singing or current music we are learning.Grading is based on breathing, pitch, rhythm, and phrasing accuracy.
Participation/Accountability/Sight Singing- 60%
Written Critiques 20%
All students are required to attend and participate in two concerts this school year. The dates of this year’s concerts are:
Thursday, December 17, 2015
Tuesday, May 17, 2016
*All concerts begin at 7:00pm. All Choir Members must be in the Chorale Room no later than 6:15pm on concert days.